You want to get data to the right people. You've been looking into several Data(Ops) tools, platforms and interfaces. But there are so many available, how to decide upon which one is the right one for your company?
Questions you should ask before choosing
There is no one-size-fits-all solution available. Ask yourself below questions, before making a final decision on the best one.
- What are your business' needs and objectives? Does this tool enable the users to meet these?
- How is your data organized now? How easy is it with this solution to access your data? Is the data easy accessible for all users? Is there a balance between the data accessibility and protection?
- Who is going to be using or should have access to your data?
- Does the product promote collaboration between the users? How will they collaborate with each other? How can you share your insights with other stakeholders?
- How will the product create a common understanding within your company? Does everyone have the context to understand how the data should be used?Can they understand what's behind each piece of data in a report, track back what the data sources was, how it was calculated, etc. ?
- How will people use the generated/processed data to make decisions? What are your data output expectations? Do you want to put in place a data-driven culture? Or do you just want some automated reports & dashboards for the smarketing & leadership team?
- What skill set is required to use the data solution? Is it too complex for some users? Will it be used by technical and/or non-technical users ?
- How easily can the product scale? Does it need to? How easily can you create and update data sources, data models, scripts, reports, dashboards, shared metrics, etc. ?
- Does it meet the specific needs of your users? How easily can users find and change data? How easily can this tool integrate with other tools? Do your users need real-time data views?
You need to have a data strategy to find the best data solution meeting your companies' unique needs. There is no one-size-fits-all solution. To get a clear understanding of your busines needs ask yourself these questions:
- Who will be using the data?
- How will they use the data to make data-driven decisions?
- How will the solution create a common understanding within my organization?
- How will it promote collaboration among all users?
Once you’ve answered these, you’re ready to make a final decision on the best data solution. Otherwise, you’re likely to end up with one that does not empower your company to meet the business objectives in the end.
What data solution Tengu offers
Tengu enables companies to:
- Create a customized and centralized DataOps Interface to ensure a common organization wide understanding and collaboration.
- Make the right data accessible for the right people.
- Allow data teams to monitor, scale and package up the data and insights for broader use.
- Integrate with preferred data enviroments, applications and tools within Tengu.
Tengu helps companies navigate the complexity of building and operating a data-driven business.
For companies ready to improve or expand their use of data, Tengu provides the first data training wheels to become a data professional at full speed.
Source: CITO Research
CITO Research is a source of news, analysis, research and knowledge for CIOs, CTOs and other IT and business professionals. CITO Research engages in a dialogue with its audience to capture technology trends that are harvested, analyzed and communicated in a sophisticated way to help practitioners solve difficult business problems. https://www.citoresearch.com